Ride is like drive or pilot but for riding animals, robots, hang gliders etc. Whether you’re riding a dragon or a horse, Ride is your skill.
o Overcome: Ride is the equivalent of Athletics when you’re in an appropriate vehicle—you use it to successfully accomplish movement in the face of difficult circumstances, like rough terrain, small amounts of clearance, or stunt driving. Obviously, Ride is also ripe for contests, especially chases and races.
c Create an Advantage: You can use Ride to determine the best way to get somewhere in a vehicle, and a good enough roll might allow you to learn features of the route that get expressed as aspects, or declare that you know a Convenient Shortcut or something similar. You can also just read the Athletics description, and then make it about a vehicle. Advantages created using Ride often revolve around getting good positioning, doing a fancy maneuver (Did a Barrel Roll, anyone?), or putting your opponent in a bad spot.
a Attack: Ride isn’t usually used as an attack skill (though stunts can certainly alter this).
d Defend: Avoiding damage to a vehicle in a physical conflict is one of the most common uses of Ride. You can also use it to defend against advantages being created against you or overcome actions of someone trying to move past you in a vehicle.
• Hard to Shake. +2 to Ride whenever you’re pursuing another vehicle in a chase scene.
• Pedal to the Metal. You can coax more speed out of your vehicle than seems possible. Whenever you’re engaged in any contest where speed is the primary factor (such as a chase or race of some kind) and you tie with your Ride roll, it’s considered a success.
• Rider of Dragons (required aspect: dragon rider). Take two stunts in this family for free.
• Aerial acrobat. You get +2 to do create an advantage whenever you attempt to do a maneuver when riding a dragon or a similar creature.
• Speed devil. You get +2 to any overcome roll riding a dragon or a similar creature where pure speed is the issue.
• Together in the sky. You may use ride instead of empathy on overcome and create an advantage rolls against a Dragon or a similar creature, if you take it for a ride.
• Claws on the air. You may use ride to attack, if you are on a Dragon or a similar creature, and you are in a position where the creature could use its weapons to attack. The weapon class of the creature is used for this attack.